Sunday, July 15, 2012

From Weeds to a film about weed

Not long ago Aim and I watched "Superbad" together, I had watched it a few times before but it was the first time for Aim, and she enjoyed it just as much as me. So we decided to look up a couple of similar films and we finally settled on...

Pineapple Express

This film is about a weed smoking guy and his dealer friend and their fight for survival while being chased by mafia weed growers/sellers. IMDB describes it as following "A process server and his marijuana dealer wind up on the run from hitmen and a corrupt police officer after he witness his dealer's boss murder a competitor while trying to serve papers on him.".

The film involves a lot of comedy fighting, or what is supposed to be comedy fighting but just ends up as silly and quite dull. I wasn't too impressed by the storyline and the film in general but James Franco does a decent job as the constantly high weed dealer while Seth Rogan and the rest of the cast were on the verge of awful.

I just couldn't find myself getting attached to any of the characters and I just ended up being bored and drifting off not concentrating on the film. It seems like a lot of people find this film really good but I will just have to disagree there because it was just plain dull and silly at the best of times. Maybe you have to be in a special mood to enjoy it and not have your hopes up after watching "Superbad".

Should you watch it then?


~ Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment